Llj's 15g Journal

Well, I must confess it is this tank that has given me the urge to go full EI on my big tank (when money allows that is ;)) and have a jungle style tank, I know this probably not your intention in this tank, but the mass of plants it really amazing and the colours you have with stem plants is out of this world.

Hope it all survives the move ok :) when is it? How long with it take/how far you got to go?

Sam

Well, I must confess it is this tank that has given me the urge to go full EI on my big tank (when money allows that is ;)) and have a jungle style tank, I know this probably not your intention in this tank, but the mass of plants it really amazing and the colours you have with stem plants is out of this world.

Hope it all survives the move ok :) when is it? How long with it take/how far you got to go?

Sam

Thank you so much, Sam. Everybody's compliments have just been awesome, and I don't think I'd have the tank I have now if it wasn't for the support of TFF. This tank's been through so much crap, I'm amazed it still exists!

I guess it's a jungle tank. Wierdest one I've seen, they usually look more like my 10g, with a lot less contrast between colors and textures. I actually think it's almost a hybrid between a jungle style and perhaps something else, maybe Dutch? Not sure, we'll have the experts pick their heads on this one. All that matters is that I like it! But I've always like pretty colors.

I am moving June 1st. I am going from Champaign, IL to Miami, FL, about 1900 miles. It's a two-day trip. I'm not sure whether or not I should ship the plants to my mother the day or two before, or should I just pack them and put them in the truck cabin with me? I'm still going over the details in my head. If they're shipped, it would only take 1 day, and she would condition and fill the 36g tank to receive the plants, no substrate. She'd run half the lights, and dose with ferts until I can setup the 15g. Thank goodness they're mostly stem plants, and I'm expecting to undergo another algae phase. If they come with me, it's two days, but I might be able to supervise them a bit more and they wouldn't have to be shipped and possibly mistreated. Usually plants survive a few days in the mail and they would be put in a large styrofoam cooler well wrapped with moist newspaper or even in plastic. Depends, like I said, still thinking. If any experts would like to put their two cents or pence worth, PLEASE, I'm all ears! I'll probably pre-order the new substrate and ship it to Miami so it can be ready for me.

Again, thanks for the complements, you people ROCK!

:good:

If it were me i would take them with you, they should be fine for two days in your car/van. They may take a bit of a battering, but as you say you'll be able to supervise them better if they are with you, no matter how good the carrier company is they still see a box as a box, doesn't matter whats inside.

You may just need to protect them from the cold, but guess if you're moving during June, this shoudln't be a problem. Just get them into a tank ASAP once you get there.

Thats my two cents worth anyway, guess that should be two pence worth really :D

Sam

EDIT - just checked that on a map, by gum that a hell of a journey! Hope you have lots of CDs to listen to on the way!

w00t!!! Just saw your profile on the member's tanks section :)
You are now an Iron Chef America! errr. You know what I mean... haha!

Funny tank title, btw :lol:

No, I am no Iron Chef, that title belong to the big Boys 'n Girls here and they know who they are. I just thought I'd give some one with a silly tall tank like mine a colorful option.

Well, I could have come up with something really stupid like "Over the Rainbow", or "Fire in the Wood" "Or Flaming Bushes", but I though I'd spare you guys such stupidity.

Yeah, Sam, I agree and your two "pence" only drove home what I was thinking. Besides, children are always safer with their mother. It also saves me $30 in shipping! More hamburgers on the road! :shout:

Sad update. :-(

Returned all my livestock to the LFS. Sold back 9 harlequins, 4 honey gouramis, and 7 pygmy corys. The tank looks super empty now with no little buggers moving about, except for snails. Had to prune the lotus quite a bit to train to grow smaller. I think it'll work now.

On the bright side, got 60% for them and can invest in some supplies.

No pics for now.

Most reactions

Back