Live Rock Online

Ricey

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hey all,

i'm almost at the stage where i'm ready to buy my live rock!
i'm looking for about 20kg to start off with

my LFS seems way too expensive, so i have decided to look online!
I'm sure some of you have bought yours online, so can anyone recommend any good online retailers of live rock in the UK?

i'm not fussed where it's come from (Fijian, Indonesian etc) as long as it has been cured properly and is good quality stuff with plenty of life!

so far i've found:

www.aquatic-store.co.uk
www.reefstore.co.uk
www.stm-shop.co.uk
www.store.livingseas.co.uk

all have 20kg for about £175 :shifty:

anybody used these sites before? any help much appreciated!
thanks

I bought some stuff from ebay and I bought some stuff from Saltwaterfish.com. I don't know if the latter will ship to the UK. What you have to watch for is the cost of shipping. If your tank isalready establish make sure you get at least 2 day shipping. With the two day shipping I didn't have any amonia spike in my tank.

Out of scope: Danno where are you from? I'm in the Syracuse area

Here's another site:

http://www.mailordercorals.com

Live rock is £7.99 a kilo, and free shipping on orders of 10kg or more. He gets it in on a Wednesday, and it gets delivered to your door on a Friday. 20kg for 159 quid.... :good: I've ordered 10kg from him.
He also sells his stuff on ebay - here's the item number: 220107060980

there is also cyberaquatics:

http://www.cyberaquatics.com

They're based in Gateshead.

I bought some stuff from ebay and I bought some stuff from Saltwaterfish.com. I don't know if the latter will ship to the UK. What you have to watch for is the cost of shipping. If your tank isalready establish make sure you get at least 2 day shipping. With the two day shipping I didn't have any amonia spike in my tank.

Out of scope: Danno where are you from? I'm in the Syracuse area

Whoa whoa, eversurf, you're from the syracuse area? Have you ever heard of URS or CDMAS?

URS, Upstate Reef Society has a lot of members from the buffalo, rochester, syracuse, binghampton, and even oswego area.

CDMAS, Capital District Marine Aquarium Society is the local club centered around Albany, and has some members in the syracuse area.

A lot of "old salties" in each club, many with far greater knowledge than my own. Each club puts on some cool frag swaps and events in addition to just helpin each other out. Hit e up with a PM if interested in either :)

Most reactions

Back