Live Food Feeding

Yes it works for other live food too. It definitely works with daphnia as I've done it, but brineshrimp I've not tried so I can't be sure about them, try it and see?

Bloodworm size doesn't really have a standard to be honest. I guess it depends who your store buys from and what they get sent, could be large adults or smaller juvenile worms according to what the stockists have at the time I suppose. I know all my fish adore chasing them :p Bronson ( violent!!!! ) has a total ball chasing them all over the tank and snatching them off the pippette before it even touches the water!!

Live bloodworms keep a week in the fridge. You can open the bag and use some then add a little fresh water and re-seal the bag. My wife's constantly complaining about my live bloodworms in her salad drawer!!! :lol: They're 60p a bag or 3 for £1.50 at my lfs and there's quite a lot in each bag.

I buy live daphnia when it comes in fresh every Friday but it really needs feeding the same day. :good:

I get bloodworms/daphnia for 30p and brine shrimp for 60p, or a huge bag of brine shrimp (and I really mean ginormous!) for £2.

Will definitely try the idea for keeping them in the fridge - will be a good use for leftover jars, and I hate overfeeding because I've nowhere to put the bag of leftovers lol.

Bloodworms may be causing a divorce soon!! :shout: My wife's banned me from putting any in the fridge tomorrow but it's my fridge too. They're well-bagged so can't see her problem at all. She thinks they'll contaminate her food or escape but they can't!! Women! :grr: Maybe I need to buy my own beer and worm fridge. :good:

beer and worms? It shall be the manliest fridge ever! (=<

Seriously, I'm looking into a minifridge for this reason, mum won't let me keep live food in the fridge for the same reason -__- So my fridge would probably be brine shrimp and Coke XD

-Rezz

Bloodworms may be causing a divorce soon!! :shout: My wife's banned me from putting any in the fridge tomorrow but it's my fridge too. They're well-bagged so can't see her problem at all. She thinks they'll contaminate her food or escape but they can't!! Women! :grr: Maybe I need to buy my own beer and worm fridge. :good:

Try a clean jam jar with holes in the lid like I described above, much safer than a wobbly bag! :good:

when I have a house that's big enough for a fish room I'll be having a mini fridge in there too :) live food and greens.

Seriously, I'm looking into a minifridge for this reason, mum won't let me keep live food in the fridge for the same reason -__- So my fridge would probably be brine shrimp and Coke XD

-Rezz
us men need our own fridges, I;ve got my own in the garage full of real ale and lager. Gonna try the live foods and see how it goes. Bloodworms seem to be the most popular. Will they be suitable for my fish, corys, neons, guppy and a harlequin

-Rezz
us men need our own fridges, I;ve got my own in the garage full of real ale and lager. Gonna try the live foods and see how it goes. Bloodworms seem to be the most popular. Will they be suitable for my fish, corys, neons, guppy and a harlequin

indeed they will be fine =]

a mini fridge would be awesome, but im sure ive used up all the electricity i possibly can right now! i have so many plug adapters that its not safe! lol

indeed they will be fine =]

a mini fridge would be awesome, but im sure ive used up all the electricity i possibly can right now! i have so many plug adapters that its not safe! lol

Hear hear. I've got 2x4plug extensions 2x six plug extensions and a double plug. All in my room. Not. Safe. O_O

Most reactions

Back