Live Bloodworms

Frollickyfish

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
For the first time today I managed to find a shop selling live bloodworms. Does anyone know the best way to keep them or to get them to multiply Lol? Ive put them in a bowl with the water they came in and Im supposing I keep them at room temp rather than putting them in the fridge?!!! Any advice would be great, thanks! :good:

Now you have opened the bag you will need to use them within about 24 hours b4 they die. Next time leave then in the bag they come in and keep in the fridge, will keep for about a week unopened. :good:

they should be fine for up to a week in the fridge, but try and avoid using any which don't move. i used to keep mine in an empty plastic fishfood tub with lid

i don't think you'd like them to multiply as they are actually midge larvae ^_^ ; just keep them in the fridge to slow their metabolism

Also, they need tank water on them, but very very little...like- only enough to keep them moist-- not covered at all. Just a few drops'll do, and off to the fridge they go. ;)

Also, they need tank water on them, but very very little...like- only enough to keep them moist-- not covered at all. Just a few drops'll do, and off to the fridge they go. ;)
they dont need tank water, tap water is fine for them

...you're right...just water. Sorry, cleaning and stopping by periodically...looking at my tanks as they're next. Just have tank water on the mind!!

If you dont keep them out of the fridge, they creat too much waster and pollute the water, thus killing themselves...this can happen over a course of 24hours.
I buy 3 portions a week and keep them in the fridge unopened and they stay alive fine

Most reactions

Back