Liquid Catappa

Country joe

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I know there's a lot of aquarium products out there that you do not need, one of these that I fell for is, liquid Catappa, it states it will help keep water clear, and creates the perfect environment for fish and shrimps, lowers ph, improves colour, and its effective against fungal infection, i used it a couple of times but stopped, now thinking well I've bought it, I might as well use it, what do you think.

Blackwater tea. I used to use a version, without catappa but with other ingredients as a spawning trigger for tetras. That's its basic use. If you have fish from soft and acid water, it can be of use. If your fish are from hardwater, it's a bad idea. I don't recall what fish you have.

It won't be as miraculous as the label says - unregulated 'natural' supplements can claim anything. But with the right fish, and only with the right fish, it can be useful.

Blackwater tea. I used to use a version, without catappa but with other ingredients as a spawning trigger for tetras. That's its basic use. If you have fish from soft and acid water, it can be of use. If your fish are from hardwater, it's a bad idea. I don't recall what fish you have.

It won't be as miraculous as the label says - unregulated 'natural' supplements can claim anything. But with the right fish, and only with the right fish, it can be useful.
Mainl tetras, I'm in a soft water region, ph sits at 7.5

I suppose it depends on the ingredients- if it has only the leaf extracts with no other additives then use it for the tetra.
Botanicals are used because of their tannins but also their physical properties for shelter/ foraging so I prefer actual leaves and alder cones. However I do use rooibos tea for a quick and cheap tint on the water in QT tanks.

Most reactions

Back