Lionfish And...?

Thanks Andy. :good:
I think we may leave getting the Lionfish as we really wanted the Pterois antennata and it seems 48G isn't big enough. :/
We will be getting the Betta but not decided on tankmates yet.

A snowflake or zebra moray eel will work very well with a lionfish

a 48g should be enough for a antennata im sure, its a dwarf variety, lionfish and betta would work well together boith very elegent and hardy too :)

Sorry Eel-Man but after having a browse it seems that 75G+ is recommended for both types of eel. Thanks anyway.

Shibby - Thanks for the reply, I think you may be right. I'm goig to continue my research before making it definite. :good:

Sorry Eel-Man but after having a browse it seems that 75G+ is recommended for both types of eel. Thanks anyway.

Shibby - Thanks for the reply, I think you may be right. I'm goig to continue my research before making it definite. :good:

well maybe it might be a little tight ... :D but I have had a 55g with a snowflake and some cleaning shrimp and it worked perfectly for 3 years (gave him to my brother in-law)...anyways good luck with the lionfish...and watch out for the spines!

Interestingly enough, don't keep a lionfish with an anemone. A friend kept a 3.5inch lionfish with a BTA and one night the fish just went missing. Couldn't find him anywhere for about 3 days. Then the anemone spat out a little ball of white flesh with one telltale lionfish spine sticking out of it.

Most reactions

Back