Lights

cooper1973

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
can anyone tell me if i can use a Interpet TriPlus on its own in a marine tank or should i also add a blue marine light to

2 Triplus bulbs should be fine and give you a nice balance. Im running 2 x 36W daylights 2 x 24W triplus. Mine are T5 power compacts. Is that what your using?

2 Triplus bulbs should be fine and give you a nice balance. Im running 2 x 36W daylights 2 x 24W triplus. Mine are T5 power compacts. Is that what your using?

i have just the 1 T5 55W TriPLUS COMPACT and i have a marine blue beside it but just wondered if i could use that compact on its own

You can use the triplus on its own.

Do you want to reduce your lighting?

Why do you not want to run the blue? Do you want to use another bulb?

You can use the triplus on its own.

Do you want to reduce your lighting?

Why do you not want to run the blue? Do you want to use another bulb?

i find that the triplus looks better when used on its own although i have been using the triplus and the arcadia marine blue bulb together, what i was going to do is use triplus during the day and have the marine blue to come on at night time untill about 23.00 then all lights off

Yeah that should be fine, Just be aware that some of your corals might sulk a bit as the light has been reduced. From running the two bulbs to just one.

Yeah that should be fine, Just be aware that some of your corals might sulk a bit as the light has been reduced. From running the two bulbs to just one.

ok thanks for the info very much appreciated, will keep an eye on corals just to make sure they pick up again.

Most reactions

Back