Lights On Longer

Twinklecaz

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Hi

Having my tank lights on longer for one day won't do my fish or plants any harm will it?

I'm hopefully picking up my Green Neons today and I want to clean my tank in a min before I go get them. My lights don't usually come on till 1.30 but I've just switched them on coz frankly I could see half my fish were still asleep and I need them to wake up coz a) I don't want to frighten them when I do my W/C and b) I don't want them to be grumpy and unfriendly when their new flatmates come.

It's ok is it?

They'll be fine, my lights go on at different times of the day,depending when i get home.
Days i dont work the lights stay on longer :)

It'll be fine :)

Enjoy your Green neons; I have a shoal of 18 and I absolutely love them :D

Hi, thanks!

I emailed the guy last weekend and asked him to reserve me some and he never replied so I hope all was well with them and he has.

Yeah; the last batch our LFS had in were absolutely tiny. Can't be longer than about 1/2". I'm currently growing on a dozen for my mum as she has a few fish that would definitely see them as 'snack food'!

Eeek I hope they're not that small, I wouldn't trust my big Platy. I really think had my Pygmys been any smaller when I got them he'd have had them. I'm 99% sure he ate a baby snail whole.

They are so small!!!!

I asked the lady to pick the biggest one's she could so hopefully they'll be ok. Cross your fingers for me!

:look:

how many did you get?

love these fish.

pictures please!!! :D

Hi, I got 7. All being well and all fish live then that's me at my final stocking now.

I'll try and get some pics later :hyper:

LOl I know, they're doing their nut in the bag.

Is their red line meant to be far less prominent than in normal Neons?

Ah cool. I think they're happy so far, they're playing in the filter flow. Other fish don't seem to have taken any notice.

Most reactions

Back