Lights For A 10g Tank

hadjici2

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello people,

I am setting up a 10g tank to accomodate grass plants like hemianthous and other plants that require high lighting. I have access to three kinds of compact fluorescent lights:

1. Interpet Daylight 36w or 55w
2. Interpet Triplus 36w or 55w
3. A 55w 6500k CFL (http://www.lightbulbsuk.co.uk/pll-55-watt-daylight-860-compact-fluorescent-lamp)

So I ask what should I use above my 10g tank if I intend to use high maintenance plants. I am going to have DIY CO2 injection and will dose macro and micro nutrients. No fish.

Thanks!

n 18 watt interpet will be more than enough, but you wont fine one new, because theyve been discontinued

I found 2-3 websites selling these but why would you say that 18w will be more than enough? I thought that there was a rule of thumb that stated that for high light requirement plants a 3-5 w per gallon was required. Also what would you go with, Triplus or Daylight?

Thanks for the fast reply!

n 18 watt interpet will be more than enough, but you wont fine one new, because theyve been discontinued

A & D Aquatics in Oldbury have 1 in stock ... saw it yesterday :good:

But after phoning Interpet about this they said no one should be selling them anymore what with the problems of the end caps melting :blink:

anything between 1.5-2WPG will have anything growing, 3-5WPG is a worldwide (except the bulk of the UK) myth.

go daylight.

Why would you say its not a myth in the UK?

Do you think that carpet plants will grow succesfylly with a 18w CFL? Will they stay on the gravel?

Thanks

anything between 1.5-2WPG will have anything growing, 3-5WPG is a worldwide (except the bulk of the UK) myth.

go daylight.

Why would you say its not a myth in the UK?

Do you think that carpet plants will grow succesfylly with a 18w CFL? Will they stay on the gravel?

Thanks
most people in the UK know that the 3-5WPG rule is a pile of rubbish.

carpeting plants will grow fine providing ferts/CO2 are in check

Most reactions

Back