Lighting In A Bowfront Tank

term_22000

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
does anyone know of anywhere to get a double light fixture for a 46gal bow front tank? I want to put a plant light and a florescent light in the fixture so that I can get a good lighting on my fish and make sure that my plants still grow.

I feel your pain, I haven't had luck looking for the perfect light for my bowfront either. It's like their extinct or something. :sad:

That's a very sad day because I will be getting my bow front on Monday and I'm just starting to gather everything for it. Maybe I will have to get a pair of those midget lights to up at the top of the tank

I had a 72 gallon bowfront and what I did was go to my local hardware store and bought a 4 foot double bulb t8 light fixture. This lit up the back parts of the tank well, but still left the front a little dark. So I bought a standard light fixture for a 10 gallon tank (20 inches) and laid it on the glass tops and the edge of the tank. It worked for me, although I had to move the fixture when I did maintenance.

I had a 72 gallon bowfront and what I did was go to my local hardware store and bought a 4 foot double bulb t8 light fixture. This lit up the back parts of the tank well, but still left the front a little dark. So I bought a standard light fixture for a 10 gallon tank (20 inches) and laid it on the glass tops and the edge of the tank. It worked for me, although I had to move the fixture when I did maintenance.
I think that is what I will do. The back is 3' long. I think I can find one of those though. Thanks for the hint

Most reactions

Back