Lighting Help

Robot_Rooster

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I dont think a light would fit on the lid of the new tank for my betta (havent got it yet) what are the alternatives?

Thanks in advance

Depends....what sort of tank are you getting? You may be able to fit one in the lid, or use a desk lamp over the top or you can get little lights that actually go in the water and you can place them where you like.

What is the light for? To grow plants? If so, can you take a pic of the hood so an appropriate lighting option can be suggested?

If you don't have any plants, then you could get underwater LED's like these.

i would plants, i was think of a light that can attach to the side of the tank is there such thing?

and i can't take a picture because i don't have the tank yet (im jsut panicky)

On ebay you can buy a string of 4 led white lights that can go underwater any they are preety small, i would post the link but i dont think im alowed too...

search : 4 White LED Beam home Aquarium Lighting light & power

i would plants, i was think of a light that can attach to the side of the tank is there such thing?

and i can't take a picture because i don't have the tank yet (im jsut panicky)
Don't worry, when you get the tank post a pic in the hardware section, there will certainly be an option for proper lighting. Other than a fluorescent desklamp (which would be fine on a small betta tank) there's not much you can put on the side for plants.

On ebay you can buy a string of 4 led white lights that can go underwater any they are preety small, i would post the link but i dont think im alowed too...

search : 4 White LED Beam home Aquarium Lighting light & power
No good for plants unfortunately.

We have a little something called the Arcadia Arc pod in 9w and 11w models. ;)

We have a little something called the Arcadia Arc pod in 9w and 11w models. ;)

i looked up on them and the images are without lids. i need to keep the lid cos betta are know for jumping :eek:

EDIT i noticed a pane of glass over it. what i do know about my tank is that it has a transparent trap door would that be suitable if light shined through there?

also this a good desk lamp?

[URL="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ultra-Bright-8-LED-Desk-Lamp-with-flexible-neck-99p_W0QQitemZ370098980064QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item370098980064&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1296|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ultra-Bright-8-LED-D...%3A1|240%3A1318[/URL]

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
i go the tank this morning and i thought to myself it is too small so that aside now can anyone recommend a cheap ten gallon tank? :D

No idea, but you cant grow plants wit it anyway.

i go the tank this morning and i thought to myself it is too small so that aside now can anyone recommend a cheap ten gallon tank?
A bog standard one from you lfs would be cheap, or look on freecycle or something for a free second and one :good:.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back