Lighting For A Nano

James B

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hiya guys
i have a 30 inch long tank and am doing it as a nano with all sorts of corals although i plan on starting with easy stuff i want the option of adding all sorts into it. problem is SkiFletch reccomended a bank of 4 T5 tubes for this but i cant fit 4 T5's over the tank :no: . does any one have any reccomendations for a way around this or is there another way of fitting the T5's andreflectors onto the tank or a specific light kit. thanks James

B)-->QUOTE(James B @ Dec 15 2006, 05:02 PM) [snapback]1408355[/snapback]

hiya guys
i have a 30 inch long tank and am doing it as a nano with all sorts of corals although i plan on starting with easy stuff i want the option of adding all sorts into it. problem is SkiFletch reccomended a bank of 4 T5 tubes for this but i cant fit 4 T5's over the tank :no: . does any one have any reccomendations for a way around this or is there another way of fitting the T5's andreflectors onto the tank or a specific light kit. thanks James
[/quote]

Have you looked at the Power compact T5's I've just added 2 36W to my nano the tubes are only 16" long

i could probabley fit 4 of those accross the width of the tank :drool:

How do you mean you can't fit them? Too long or too wide?

too wide tis a pain i thought about mounting them in a /\ shape but na wouldnt work would it

Thats true, they only make 24" and 36" T5 fixtures if memory serves, lame. You could do a dual PC (power compact) fixture since your tank's pretty shallow. You wouldn't be able to keep clams, nems, or SPS, but those are tough to keep in a nano anyways.

i could always up grade later to different bulbs if i want sps but for the first bit i will be lps only like hammers and brain coral etc. thanks guys any particular wattage.

Pretty sure the 30" lights come with a 2x65watt bulb setup.

Well, it'll work, but a dual 65watter would be more-better :D

Most reactions

Back