Light Issue

beechey

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I've got a lovly small nano tank but my light keeps turning its self on a off every 5 mins does any one know why ? Or any ideas what to try

I've got a lovly small nano tank but my light keeps turning its self on a off every 5 mins does any one know why ? Or any ideas what to try

Some PL, halide, Sodium lamps can reapeatibly turn on and off when the lamp is on it's way out.
So try and change the lamp first.

If not, then sounds like loose connection.

If all else fails, then it's a case of using a voltage/continuity tester and testing every wire and component.

Mine does that occassionly, normally I twist mine in and it stops. Maybe salt in the connector, try cleaning it?

Salt creep - deadly for electrics :sad: and if you happen to touch it whilst plugged in, :crazy: I of course would know nothing of this :whistle:

Seffie x

ps any rumours that I blew all the electrics in the house (at night) are greatly exaggerated :blush:

Ok ill take the bulb out and clean connectors

Salt creep - deadly for electrics :sad: and you if you happen to touch it whilst plugged in, :crazy: I of course would know nothing of this :whistle:

Seffie x

ps any rumours that I blew all the electrics in the house (at night) are greatly exaggerated :blush:

yeah dont mention the rumours...she will send the boys round.

The whole unit looks like there is salt in it but looks like lots of hassle to even get to the bulb

The whole unit looks like there is salt in it but looks like lots of hassle to even get to the bulb

It will be straight forward as there will be access to get to the lamp/s as they obviously dont last forever!

Should be just a case of removing any screws to remove the diffuser/splash screen and then removing the lamps [sorry not sure what unit it is]

Fixed I think been on for a hour now and aint turned itself off . Had over 20 screws lol how the hell did all that salt and dust get past it all I don't know

But thanks guys

Most reactions

Back