lighs camera action

neontetra05

Reaction score
when i turn on my light in my five gal it gets warmer about a degree or too, this brings it to about 79.5 or somthing, it is still cycling though so no fish are in danger so is this normal, should i leave the light on all night

neon

This is probably normal for a 5 gallon tank. The smaller the volume of water, the more fluctuations (not only in temperature, but also in water parameters) you are likely to have.
Is this an incandescent or fluorescent type light you are using?
I would be very careful when stocking a 5 gallon tank. It is very easy to overstock, overstocking leads to poor water quality, then stress, then disease, finally dead fish. It can be very frustrating (personal experience from 35 years ago :nod: ) and difficult to repair the damage done. Tread lightly, or better yet, get a bigger tank and go crazy!

i would try to get a little heater for the tank. it says you have a betta? they like to have the water at a constant temperature and keeping the light on all night might make them sick too. fish need to have sleep too and if you did have the light off the temperature would drop down causing a bit of stress to the fish. as the tank is cycling you will need to keep a very close eye on the water parameters as a small tank is harder to keep stable than a bigger one.

thnx fish

and angel i have a heater in my 5 gal and it is still cycling i am practicing to see what is about a safe zone about 75.00-78.5 is what i try to keep it between it is 78.3 when light is on and 76.?? when off my betta is in a small tank and he is at 70 or around there

neon

Most reactions

Back