Life Expectancy Of Maxijet Powerheads

DarrenUnwin

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi All,

Does anyone have any figures around average life expectancy for a maxijet powerhead. I have had mine now for over 3 years and whilst I like the look and hear good reports about the Hydor Koralia range and other replacements I dont like changing just for the sake of it.

However if I'm starting to enter the failure curve a bit of preventative maintenance might tip the balance.

Many thanks for any replies

Hi All,

Does anyone have any figures around average life expectancy for a maxijet powerhead. I have had mine now for over 3 years and whilst I like the look and hear good reports about the Hydor Koralia range and other replacements I dont like changing just for the sake of it.

However if I'm starting to enter the failure curve a bit of preventative maintenance might tip the balance.

Many thanks for any replies

Unmodified, unstressed (no outlet restriction), and properly cleaned/maintained they can prolly last 8-10 years. I have a couple that are coming up on 7 years old and still kicking... Also have one that I ran really restricted and didn't bother cleaning that died after 4 years...

Thanks Ski,

Looks like I'll keep hold of them for now.

Most reactions

Back