Levelling Ona Tiled Floor

scotty

Fish Herder
Reaction score
just setting up my new juwel rio 125,in my kitchen,the problem i'm having is getting it level on the tiles,anyone any suggestions.

regards
scott

If your tank stand has feet then you'll just have to figure out things to go under the particular feet that need to be raised but they'd need to be cuplike or something so that they're super safe and stable (and strong of course.) If the tank is on a stand that has some sort of flat bottom surface that meets the tile floor then a good thing I found was that hardware stores (or big box type hardware construction type stores) often now have vinyl peel-n-stick type products. Possibilities are vinyl sheets, floor tiles or baseboard type products. I found very cheap vinyl baseboard peel and stick type stuff which I could then cut with a knife and stick to whole areas of the bottom surface of the tank stand. You can even then stick it to itself if you need a thickness of two layers.

The advantages are that its very stable because you are raising a quarter or half or such of the whole stand bottom and also that it will stay with the stand if the stand is moved (but of course then it might be raising the wrong area (at which point you'd just pry it off and get some new stick on stuff if you needed it.)

~~waterdrop~~

Be very careful leveling a stand that you do not introduce any twist into the top surface. A tank is much better off sitting on a slight angle on a flat surface than sitting on a surface that is warped in some way.

Could you try the sick on felt that you get for furniture legs placed on wooden floors?

It might compress to match the pressure of the tank stand and even out any dips (like the polystyrene under the tank?)

it's not a stand as such,but the cabinet that comes with the tank,do i need to have polystyrene between the tank and cabinet,as there dosen't appear to be any with it.

it's not a stand as such,but the cabinet that comes with the tank,do i need to have polystyrene between the tank and cabinet,as there dosen't appear to be any with it.

Ah, I couldn't comment on needing polystyrene (sorry!), I'm sure someone else could help, was just using it as an example of what the felt pads might do between the stand and the floor.

Only use the polystyrene if it is recommended by the tank manufacturer. Depending on how the tank has been made, the polystyrene could be needed or it could cause the tank bottom to fail. Read the literature that came with the tank, not the stand.

Most reactions

Back