Leveling Stand

gcpd065

Reaction score
OK I HAVE BOUGHT A 125 GALLON TANK AND COMMERICAL STAND. I HAVE PLACED IT ON CARPET ON A CONCRETE FLOOR. THE CONCRETE HAD A DIP ON ONE END. I HAVE LEVELED THE TANK PERFECT WITH HARD WOOD. HOWEVER THERE IS A 1 1/2 FOOT SECTION ON THE FRONT AND BACK THAT HAS ABOUT A 1/2 INCH GAB UNDER IT. WILL THE STAND SUPPORT THIS GAP BECAUSE I AM NOT SURE WHAT TO PLACE UNDER THERE.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP OR SUGGESTIONS

I'm not sure I understand...

Is the gap between the stand and the floor OR between the tank and the stand?

You should level the stand rather than the tank itself (i.e. use spacers under the legs of the stand to ensure the stand top is level.

I'm not sure I understand...

Is the gap between the stand and the floor OR between the tank and the stand?

You should level the stand rather than the tank itself (i.e. use spacers under the legs of the stand to ensure the stand top is level.

IT IS A SOLID BOTTOM STAND. IT WAS MADE BY THE TANK MANUFACTURER. ONE PIECE OF WOOD EXTENDS FROM SIDE TO SIDE. IT WOULD HAVE TO BEND 4 PIECES OF WOOD, 2 ON TOP FRONT AND BACK AND 2 ON BOTTOM FRONT AND BACK. THE TANK IS SOLID ON THE STAND, NO ROCKING OR MOVEMENT AT ALL, VERY SOLID.

Welcome to TFF gcpd065. Take some time and introduce yourself in the newbie area.

As long as your tank is level on the stand I would think if you used some shims between the stand and floor you should be fine.

On a side note, I'm not sure if you know, but using all caps is considered shouting. :shout: :D

Most reactions

Back