Leeches

kaziebabes

Reaction score
i have noitced in one of my tanks, i have leaches, there cloudy white in colour.
have,nt a clue how they got there as i have,nt bought any new plants or fishies for a while now.
does anyone know how i would get rid of them? , i hate to do water changes now, incase any decide to stick to my hand/arm

are you sure there leeches, usally leeches are in ponds, there probably would be know way to get leeches in without seeing them on the fish, they could be nemotoads or a kind a parasite

im quite sure there leaches, hubby does fishing a lot and he reckons they are some sort of leach
when i do water changes, they stick to the tube and the only way to get them off the tube is to apply salt or boiling hot water
i have them wormy things also, but in a different tank, nearly on top of them now with frequent water changes.

I was told it was impossible to have leeches, yet I confirmed with my trout farm cousin and they were! Very similiar looking to yours with tiny little black spots on the back. He basically told me to use a formalin based product for ponds VERY CAREFULLY, it is quite expensive though and dosage can be tough! Hope they vanish as mine did because I was terrified to puts hands in too! Makes you itch dosn't it xxx

Most reactions

Back