Led Lighting!

For what it's worth I do have LEDs in two tanks. Both of them are betta tanks, newbie kits just under 2 gallons that I use for housing single bettas. These are glass tanks with water driven overhead filtration (3 stage) and a hood, so the LED lights can't be that expensive because I paid $30 for the whole tank.

The LEDs supplied with them are bluish in colour. They use very little power but they don't put out much light. They would make great moonlights but they're not great in the daytime if there's any other light in the room. The only plants that seem able to survive in tanks lit with nothing else are anubias. However i wouldn't call that definitive because the lights are positioned in such a way that the beam only really reaches the middle of the tank and I planted val and ambulia at the edges, where it was also in too much current. It died.

Here's a pic of some in use at my LFS. Can't remember the brand but they were priced at a smidge over £100 each strip. 5 LED's per strip if I remember correctly.

2701339658_e782fbe085_o.jpg

Most reactions

Back