Led Light Fixture

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

tito206

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations on a good led light fixture for a 90 gallon chiclids tank I was looking at the aquaticlife edge but there are not tat many reviews and the few i did find say they put out too much light and that it's not good for fish

I personally use the Sattelite + because I love how you can dim it to lower settings!
It's not that expensive and can sustain low-medium light plants as well.

I have an Aqueon modular LED light fixture.  You can have up to 3 light strips in the fixture; it comes with just one, Day White light.  You can add more of that, or get a ColorMax and / or a Blue Max.  With one Day White, I do have a 'moonlight' option, which is just 2 LED blue lights.  The one light strip is not as bright as the Marineland Hidden LED light strip I have on the other tank, but it is fine for th fish I have in the 50 gallon, which prefer dim lighting.

I really love the Marineland one for the smaller tank.  That also has a moonlight setting, which is brighter than the moonlight on the Aqueon.  Plus that fixture is submersible, so you have lots of options on where to set it. 

Ok thanks I'm going to keep looking around I could find the aqueon one in the online stores I usually purchase from

Yep, I found the aqueon one on amazon.com  -- I needed the 36 inch.  I did go look at it in a local shop, first.

Ok thanks I'm going to keep looking around I could not find the aqueon one in the online stores I usually purchase from

Thanks i am interested in viewing your video please let me know when you post it should i go with one or two fixtures on a 90 gallon tank?

I got two for my 125 but measure the length and get whichever you need. I'll PM you the video when I'm done with it.

Ok I am also looking into the finnex ray 2 db dual high output and the finnex planted plus led light I think I might get one of each what do you guys think

Most reactions

Back