Leaking Tank Leads To New Beginnings

I've done a bit of rescaping with the wood and some the plants have grown  huge especially the cabomba ,

IMG_2930.JPG
IMG_2931.JPG
IMG_2932.JPG

also added some bucephalandra purple

IMG_2933.JPG

and some bucephalandra brownie Athena

IMG_2934.JPG

I will need to trim the cabomba and the stringy plant someone id as Hygrophila angustifolia. I have read that if you cut the cobomba you can replant the top but the bottom part can go brown, is that true ? if so not sure whether to cut it but I also don't want it overrunning the tank.

Hi Its been a while so I thought I would give some updated photos, the tank is now pretty much where I want it to be. The golden barbs are gone and replaced with some rummy nose tetras.

IMG_3079.JPG
IMG_3080.JPG
IMG_3081.JPG

I really enjoy all the conversation and get valuable information from that. Thanks for the great thread

Munroco said:
Looks great, well done, your tank leaking was a blessing in disguise

PondRepair said:
I really enjoy all the conversation and get valuable information from that. Thanks for the great thread

thanks for all the comments, it was all pretty stressful at the time but it was a good thing in the end. Problem is now that I have finished I want to start again with another tank . MTS strikes again !

so my sister lives in Argentina and on a recent trip to Brazil I asked her to bring me back some rocks/stones to the UK. After boiling and soaking I have added them to my tank.

Attachments

• IMG_3360.JPG
    IMG_3360.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_3361.JPG
    IMG_3361.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_3362.JPG
    IMG_3362.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_3363.JPG
    IMG_3363.JPG