Large Spotted Catfish

quickbricky

Reaction score
hiya just a question about my catfish its very shy and when i put pellets in the tank for it he dont seem bothered about them so i'm abit worried about him starving what should i do about it? thanks

Usually, catfish will feed when the lights are out, so seeing them eat is a rare treat. I like to watch mine eat with a small blue LED flashlight when all the other lights are off. ;)

What kind of catfish is it, exactly? That would also help in telling you why it's not taking food.

the lady at the shop said it was called a large spoted catfish is this right?

lol, you can call a fish anything you like but they all have a proper scientific name.

Right CFC people seem to just create new fish and fish diseases on the spot at some lfs. Especially fancy plecos and catfish, no one seems to know what an L-number or scientific name is and just make up a new common name for them every time they come in.

is it lightly coloured with dark spots with tall dorsal fin[feather fin syno] or black with cream spots with a rough appearance[rapheal dorra]or brown with black spots[bumblebee syno]
hope this helps good luck

Most reactions

Back