Large Community Fish

Porky p

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 4ft, i think 50gallon aquarium with guppies, neon and black tetras, and zebra danios.
However I would like to add some larger species as well as some colourful mollies!
Could anyone recommend some preferably colourful larger fish to add that wont eat my smaller fish!
Cheers
Josh

Sounds like Gouramis would be a good fit.

TekFish :good:

I don't know what happened there...sorry

accidental triple post :lol:

I thought they could work, by the way I meant platies not mollies.
Anyway I was told recently that they would chase the small fish! Think I will try them though cheers

Definitely not angelfish. Bear in mind not all gourami's would be appropriate, what kind would you be looking to get?

I had looked at the blue gourami and gold gourami! Not sure if that helps! Angelfish will eat tetras

I would go for the Pearl's over the blues and golds- from what I've seen and heard they are a lot less aggressive. Although my female pearl can throw the occasional strop, she is in general very laid back and doesn't give a care about what the rest of her tank mates are doing :)

If you can get your hands on Banded Gouramis (Colisa Fasciata) they can be a nice alternative.

Going to change to malawi cichlids I think!
Cheers

Changing the whole tank to malawi cichlids? What is your water like in terms of ph and hardness?

Yeah changing all, emptying and re stocking.
My PH is correct as they prefer water above seven but ideally 8.2 -8.5 ish if I'm correct!

As for the warter hardness!
I'm not sure, ill need to check that before I start

My PH Is 8.1

Most reactions

Back