Lamprologus Multifasciatus And Ocellatus

I'm lucky really, one of my local aquatics suppliers has Multies in, wharf aquatics, they have a few species so I may do a bit more research to see if there are any others that are suitable.

I'm lucky really, one of my local aquatics suppliers has Multies in, wharf aquatics, they have a few species so I may do a bit more research to see if there are any others that are suitable.
yea, probably best, although to my knowledge, multies are the only ones that can live together in a colony after they breed, thats why i went for them.

Probably best if I stick with multies then, have any of your paired off?
tbh mate, ive been moving them around a hell of alot, so, even though i dont have a pair, and have had them for a good few months, im not suprised, they are easily scared, and ive changed the tank around in the house, aswell as doing 3-4 re-scapes and constantly messing with it, im trying to learn to not fiddle, but its hard :crazy:

Hi, just reading through your thread and just to let you know I'm constantly getting my knuckles wrapped for adding or removing something from the tank :lol:

Are they nippers then! Can't be as bad as clownfish, one of those little gits drew blood from me, and combined with the salt water
nugget.gif

Ha Ha lol, I should have said ear bending, the Mrs telling me to leave it be, at the end of the day she's right, I try not to disturb the shells, don't think they like it.........
Lokking forward to seeing another shellie tank on this forum, well done :good:

How many multies do you think I should keep? I thought 4? I've seen people keeping 6, but I do want to keep aggression to a minimum, and I know these fish are interesting so 4 would probably suit my needs just fine.

Cheers.

4 would probably be fine, I only got 6 to try get better odds on the M/F ratio, they don't seem too aggressive towards each other, since rehoming the single Cauodopunctatus and spreading the shells over a larger area it probably has reduced any stress and hopefully prevent any future flare ups, i have seen them using shells directly next to each other and even going in and out of each others shells, for a whlie one of them was constantly digging under all areas of a piece of ocean rock , tons of caves burrowed out all around it, you won't be dissapointed, there's always something happening.... :good:

I've got 1m/3f in an 18x12" tank, and it's a little territorial these days now that all three females have fry, well at least two of them do that I know of. The aggression between the girls isn't so bad where I'm worried about any injuries or deaths, but I thought I should point out that once the fry come along everything isn't as happy go lucky as life was before. But, my fish have never been as friendly towards each other as Kiriyama's. My girls have always had their own territory and shells, and there is no sharing between them. They are always happy to have the male come around though!

I'm not quite sure what the foot print of your tank is, but it might not be a bad idea if you plan for a 4-6" squared floor space for each fish, at least that's what my fish are using. This is the first time I've kept multis and I've had them for few months, so I'm no expert, and others may have different advice for you. The only real problem when buying multis is sexing them. Right Ad? :D

if you used the rio 125 you could get away with adding some other tanganyikans?; crypts,calvus?

Most reactions

Back