L333 Plecs

mattlee

get on a board and do yo thang...!
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
i have 2 small 1.5-2 inch L333's that seem happy in their grow out tank at the minute although all i really see is a tail sticking out from the wood..... :lol:
i know these kind of plecs are more carnivore than veg etc but ive been told not to feed bloodworm yet as they can choke! so far ive been feeding baby brine shrimp, crushed flake, crushed prima, algae wafers, tabimin and cucumber. ive never really seen then come out and eat but ive had them a few weeks now so they must be eating something.... they share a 65L tank with a couple of amano shrimp a few MTS and an apple snail.

what meaty things can i feed them and at what size?

im trying to grow them up enough so they can defend and look for food in my discus/com tank, so what size would you suggest to transfer them?

If i was you i would mayb start thinking about introducing them at the size of say... 4 inches.
they'll then be able to defend ther ground and ther food against most fish by then.

and being a pair, makes it easier for them to defend their ground and thier food against your discus.
but try adding a hidding place like a broken plant pot in the tank for them and place ther food close to the entrance of the hide-away
because if your discus do take ther food they will eventualy learn to come to the food much quicker and pull their food inside ther hide-away.
plus try feeding your pleco after the tank light is out...less chance of your discus seeing the food that way aswell.

at about 2.5 inches they will be ok to eat bloodworm.
my baby plec when i first got him was eating bloodworm at a smaller size then that.
thet may also eat beef heart aswell, thats a good food for pleco's
and sea food, like mussles and prawns...u'll be surprised by their reaction to their new fishy food :D

Heck yeah at 2" try whatever food he will eat. Blood worms would be fine.

Most reactions

Back