L caeruleus ( mixed )

j@mie

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
can this fish be mixed with my other fish? platies & neons

Some people may say possibly as they are one of the less aggressive mbuna's. but i wouldn't to be honest with ya. mine still have there moments!

tonydude said:
Some people may say possibly as they are one of the less aggressive mbuna's. but i wouldn't to be honest with ya. mine still have there moments!
well, if they attack! what are they likely to go for? the guppies cos of their fins?, but if this was 2 occur i could maybe move the guppies 2 another small tank im thinking of buying! the rest are small and fast :D - do you have caeruleus mixed at the moment ? what do they do? are your other fish still alive ? has it killed any? what fish are with them.

thanks

Mine are in a tank with other african cichlids all of similar size. They haven't killed anything in my tank cos all the others i have are the more aggresive and chase them away lol. If they do attack it is likely to be through territory and they would attack anything in the tank. When my cichlids start fighting sometimes the only way they;yy stop is if i interfere with them. Also the minimum size people will recommend for any cichlids is 20 gallons. I don't know how big your tank is so it might or might not be a problem.
Hope this helped. tony

tonydude said:
Mine are in a tank with other african cichlids all of similar size. They haven't killed anything in my tank cos all the others i have are the more aggresive and chase them away lol. If they do attack it is likely to be through territory and they would attack anything in the tank. When my cichlids start fighting sometimes the only way they;yy stop is if i interfere with them. Also the minimum size people will recommend for any cichlids is 20 gallons. I don't know how big your tank is so it might or might not be a problem.
Hope this helped. tony
20 gall :eek:, i dont have many fish in it tbh

It comes down to the space they need. Labidos grow to around 4-5 inches. The volume needed to dilute there waste. I mean its not 20 gallons per fish. But it is a recommended size to keep them in.

tonydude said:
It comes down to the space they need. Labidos grow to around 4-5 inches. The volume needed to dilute there waste. I mean its not 20 gallons per fish. But it is a recommended size to keep them in.
sorry, i meant the tank i have is a 20 gallon, will this be sufficient ?

Most reactions

Back