Kribs

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

this guy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I bought two Kribs to day - at the shop the female was quite a nice colour alhough the male wasn't I asked to swap them but he said they are al the same. Anyway they are losing colour and the female isn't that red anymore - why is this - I really want them to have a spectacular colour - how could I make them happy to give them good colour, the female -s about 3 - 4cm and the male abou 4 -5, I am really devastated as I've alway desperatley wanted them - the tank is a 15 gal with only 2 guppies annd has been cycled - but there was a little nitrite. y new 240 litre Rena aquarium has arrived to day so once it has undergoon a fishless cycle - can i put them in there alongside another pair - than you very much! :)

the shock of the trip home will often cause even the most drably colored fish to lose color. nitrites are not good if they are over 0.2 ppm, but like ammonia, the closer to 0 the better. give them some time and if they still are colorless then check the water parameters again.

GL :)

Ok tank you - so eventually will colours develop - they are not thir full length yet so can I buy more and place them in my new tank alongsid thes at the same time - I really want them to be really colourfil - will this develop later on

Most reactions

Back