Kribensis Laid Eggs

Tom73

Reaction score
Hi, i have a pair of kribs that laid eggs in a clay pot yesterday, the pot os at the corner of my tank, all other fish are now acting as if the want eggs for breakfast, can you buy any thing to corner of (net partition) not floating type...... thanks in advance, if not i will use clear pvc and drill holes.... :shout:

Hi you can buy tank dividers or alternatively go to any craft shop and buy something called plastic canvas, it comes in different size sheets and is perfect for dividing off sections of tank.

Also you may like to ask this is African Cichlids as Kribs are not new world cichlids! :D

You dont need a divider. Kribs are very protective. What else is in your tank, and what size? I would just leave them be.

You dont need a divider. Kribs are very protective. What else is in your tank, and what size? I would just leave them be.

i have 6 zebra danio's 2 bronze cory, black knife fish 4", black botia 3" , 1 discus small ,
worried about the knife fish and botia as they are very active........thanks in advance

The eggs and fry of kribs, as with most cichlids, are mostly vulnerable to nocturnal predators. During the day they're well guarded, but at night even a bristlenose may be able to sneak in and grab a mouthful of eggs. In your case a divider might be in order, in my opinion, to protect the fry from the knifefish at night.

The eggs and fry of kribs, as with most cichlids, are mostly vulnerable to nocturnal predators. During the day they're well guarded, but at night even a bristlenose may be able to sneak in and grab a mouthful of eggs. In your case a divider might be in order, in my opinion, to protect the fry from the knifefish at night.

many thanks , thought the knife fish may be a problem.

Most reactions

Back