Kribensis Eating Habits?

uGlitch

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I've recently rehomed an angel for a pair of kribensis.
The problem is, they won't eat! :/
I've tried feeding them bloodworms, sinking cichlid pellets, veggies, fish flakes, shrimp pellets...
They always just pick it up and spit it back out! :no:

Any ideas as to what I can try feeding them? It seems like they've gone days without food now :-(

ok dont panic ;-)
have you checked the levels in your tank lately ? when fish dont eat it is generally a sign of water conditions not good or maybe they are just settling in.kirbs are very tough ciclids so they are so i would not worry to much.They should eat flake and cichlid pellets no problems at all.Also if you have a male and a female get ready for lots of fry ;-) also its a good idea to have a few caves for them to hide in and have there own area in the tank.

Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate are good and everyone else is eating like a pig!
They've got their own spot behind my driftwood, which is another reason why I don't see them often :/
Any idea why they come out to eat, but just end up spitting everything back out? :no:

If your water readings are good then they are probably just taking a while to settle in. The fact that they are behind driftwood and you dont see much of them may mean they have eggs.

My kribs would never touch cichlid pellets. you could try frozen shrimp brine or mosquitto lavae which mine adore.

Most reactions

Back