Krib Breeding

Tarps

Reaction score
i have 1 male and 1 female krib in the tank and there is plenty of caves and hiding places but they will not breed. The female chases the male whenever he comes out from hiding behind the heater but he just shoots off and hides as soon as she comes near him. then she will attack him.
What do u recommend??
Thanks

how old are they? are you certain they aren't the same sex? pics? how long have you had them?
purchased at the same time? size difference?

i got mine about a month ago, the female barely had any color, and they couldn't stand each other for about a week or two.
the female grew up a bit, and they just had their first batch of fry.
i

i am 100% sure of the sex, havent got a camera at the mo so cant put any pics up. i have had them about a week or two. they were not purchased at the same time. the female is slightly bigger than the male at around 3" and the male is 2"

i am 100% sure of the sex, havent got a camera at the mo so cant put any pics up. i have had them about a week or two. they were not purchased at the same time. the female is slightly bigger than the male at around 3" and the male is 2"

i dont think it will happen unless the male is bigger than the fermale.

The rule is to get the biggest male adn the smallest female. Because, females are so territorial, they scare off the male, I would return the femlae, and get a smaller onoe. Then they should breed without any problems.

The rule is to get the biggest male adn the smallest female. Because, females are so territorial, they scare off the male, I would return the femlae, and get a smaller onoe. Then they should breed without any problems.

okay then mate sounds good :good:

two weeks isn't enough time i would say..unless mine just took awhile cause the female was still a little juvi. what does anyone else think about that? i mean i would think it'd take a while for them to warm up to each other enough, and get used to the tank.

and just to back up what was already said, my male is about 3" and my female 1"

Most reactions

Back