Koi Problem

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Cat

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
One of our big koi's seems be in trouble,the last few days it keeps lying on its side,we keep thinking its dead, but soon as we go to catch it swims away like nothing is wrong,then when we look again its on its side,all the other fish are fine,no marks on the fish.

Anyone any idea whats wrong?

has the fish darkened in colour, any signs of illness at all.

no change in colour and its eating,just keeps lying on its side,the fish is about 15 inches long.

quite possible its a swimbladder infection or tumour. what are you feeding them?
if its too much air then maybe try starving them all for 3 days and then feed them some boiled cut up peas for another 3 days and see if that might help.

ok thanx will try that :thumbs:

we feed ours the pellets and maggots and any worms we find :)

The other day my cousin was here and he threw a huge big fat worm in the pond,it was this koi that ate it,i wonder if that has something to do with the way its behaving now -_-

just a daft ques but could the worm ahve touched insectaside in anyway?

germanshepherdlver said:
just a daft ques but could the worm ahve touched insectaside in anyway?
No I don't think so,thrown peas in the pond today not sure if it will eat them though,its still alive ,but still we keep finding it on its side ,but soon as you go to touch it,it swims off like there's nothing wrong -_-

Just carry on with peas see how it goes,all the other fish are fine.

We have a similar problem, but the fish has been like for months. This is a 15 yr old goldfish though!

We had the same problem with a goldfish months ago, it eventually died though.

Most reactions

Back