Koi and Sturgeon

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

:thumbs: Fantastic fish, so big as well. what size pond are they in?

the pond is about 9 feet by 8 by 4.5 deep, the plan was to make it even deeper but my bf hit the water table when he was digging and had to fill it in a bit :S

here's the pond:

and this is what happened when I just took the photo

I only fed them about an hour ago!

:blink:

So glad you put that picture of your pond up.I want a gazebo over ours,can show dad yours now,fantastic pond.

How big were your stergeon when you put them in?

We bought 2 about 2 years ago now. One dissappeared (we think down the bottom drain!) as they were quite small - maybe 4 inches long. The one that survived is now nearly 1.5ft long! It's a monster! Ours is a Diamond Back.

We put the string around recently in an attempt to put off a heron which kept landing in the garden. In theory the way the pond is designed (built up and also quite deep) the heron shouldn't be able to get the fish. We were jsut a bit paranoid that he might be able to stab one and end up killing it without even getting it out of the pond! Saying that, we havent lost any fish to it (touch wood) and I am sure if it was going to get something it would have got it by now!

You have my dream pond :wub: I'm so jealous. If i ever get round to getting one built it will look like yours.

lol sturgeon are expensive

did you hear about the man who caught one in the uk in the north sea i think and it was about 700lb and 10 feet long

Lovely Pond.

I love Diamond Backs, they are so Freindly. They are Very Rough to the Touch.
Found 1 When @ Dobbies that had Jumped Over 4 feet into the Marginal Plants Pond, It Died though as Did not Land In Water.

Most reactions

Back