Kissing gourami eat danios?

my balloon kissin g's havnt eaten my danio... they also hvnt got to 10" i was told 4" - 6" max as its not in the wild is it... its different being in a tank..

I think 8" is a more typical size for kissing gouramis. Generally, any fish will eat any other fish that will fit in its mouth. Kissing gouramis can be a bit on the aggressive size and, as already mentioned, are not suitable for life in a 20 gallon tank. I personally wouldn't put any gouramis in with the tiger barbs in a tank that size. Having only 4 tiger barbs, especially, would be inviting some serious harassing of your gouramis. :/

I have a small 2 inch Kisser, they tend to reach sizes between 6-12 inches. Mine is currently in a 50g but I will move him to a 10g of his own so he can grow out abit before going into the Gourami tank. I have already started to see signs of aggression with mine as he is growing so I have no doubt he will get abit more moody with age. As for size, I said between 6-12 inches which is abit vague, however, I have had ones that reach a max. of about 6" and stop growing and one I had reached 12.5" so it is abit variable. Mine have never eaten smaller fish but I have heard of them doing so, I have also found that the bigger they get the more arrogant and aggressive they become.

as been stated before each fish is different innit... iv got 2 of mine in with 8 barbs and they dont interfear with each other...
iv also been told u cant keep danios by themselfs as they are by nature shoaling fish... mines by itself and hes doin fine shoaling with the barbs an they dont seem to mind him 'tagging' along.. :/

Most reactions

Back