Khuli Loaches

fatfishman

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I want to buy some khuli loaches and i just thought i would ask a few questions on them first.

Are they good, peaceful community fish ?

Just asking because i bought some bumblebee gobies for another tank and one of them is hellbent on biting the tails off of all of the other fish in the tank. Forgive my stupidity but khuli loaches wont do that will they?

My kuhlis are peaceful but they do like to hide so I rarely get to see them. They like the algae wafers and enjoy the frozen bloodworm that they find in the bottom of the tank.

khulis imo, once released into the tank, especially planted tanks, you'd probably never see them again unless they decide to pop up somewhere. i just bought 3 of my the other day and its like i haven't gotten any. they seem to do fine with fishes and doesnt bother them or anything. just make sure the problem doesnt go the other way round.

They like to be in big groups that way you'll see them more. Ihave 12 some black, some banded and a panda and a silver. I find the Black khuli's come out a lot more. I see them all the time. They are beautiful, peaceful fish very fun to watch with live food! Also they seem to come out alot more when there aren't too many biggerfish around that could be a threat. x

I have one striped (getting more) and 2 black (getting more) this now. The black loaches definately come out more than the striped.

They are class fish, my wife hates them so i sneak more into the tank when i can find them and she is out!!

My black kuhlies are out all the time. Very peaceful. They don't bother anything, and nothing bothers them. :)

Khuli loaches are peaceful fish but really do best in tanks with a fine sand or small rounded/smooth gravel substrate, if you have rough gravel it is not very good as it may cause the khulis to have mouth infections as they try to feed around it. The more khuli's the better, as they are sociable fish and you will seem them about a lot more having more too :) .

Khuli loaches are peaceful fish but really do best in tanks with a fine sand or small rounded/smooth gravel substrate, if you have rough gravel it is not very good as it may cause the khulis to have mouth infections as they try to feed around it. The more khuli's the better, as they are sociable fish and you will seem them about a lot more having more too :) .

I do have a sand substrate in my tank. hopefully they will thrive i plan to get about 5 or 6

Cheers for the advice

I have three kuhulis in a semi-planted tank with a couple of ornaments and a piece of wood, and I often see them out and about, either tangled up in a plant or scavenging about. I also have six corydoras catfish which might make them more sociable, I don't know. They're very peaceful fish.

ah i cant find any of them. now i know the reason why my senegal looks fatter these days

Most reactions

Back