Keeps Shredding Fins!

Owen_R6

Reaction score
Think we've figured this out! Thanks Netty!

And emzyp...hopefully you know i was kidding lol

Hey whats up everyone! Alright, i've had my betta now for about a month and hes been awesome. Definitely feisty and really pretty color....Anyway, about a week ago i noticed that his anal fin was half gone, like it rotted away or was torn off. Well, i took him out of his 10G tank (which hed only been in for 2 weeks or so) and put him into a smaller vase. Started "treating" him with melafix and kept the water clean in the smaller jar. His fins started to grow back and were white at the tips. Growth was goin well and i had kept him out of the 10G tank for a week. I cleaned everything in the tank and covered the filter with pantyhose as well. Well, i ended up putting him back in yesterday and now his fin is just like before and all the growth is gone and they look shredded. Hes the only guy in the tank so nothing is nipping him, the filter is covered so his tail isnt getting sucked into that either. The water is crystal clear, ph is correct, temp is right....What in the world is goin on!

why do you have 2 topics exactly the same people will get annoyed with that, someone will answer you when they know the answer,sometimes you have to wait a while :rolleyes:

Because you touch yourself at night...

And because this could either be an emergency or it could be a common betta thing. So if someone were to frequent the emergency thread and would know what could be causing it then i could get a reply. Also from previous posts that ive read where they have posted in the betta section, they are told to ask the emergency...so why not cover both bases. Kind of want to know if i need to take him out of the 10G tank stat which is why i posted in the emergency one and more of an "answer a question with a question" could happen with the betta section...

Most reactions

Back