keeping cool

saraya

Reaction score
Hello. Having a fan on my tanks doesn't seem to be helping. They're not in the sun, but i have a hot house!
I've changed the light cycle, so they're on more in the evening.
Should i do a small water change each day, or will this stress them more? I'm worried about the tropical tanks as well, but my biggest worry is the weather loaches in the cold tank.
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

How do you have your fan pointing towards the tank, the fan should be blowing at the surface of the water and it really only helps bring the temperature down by two or three degrees.
Like you said this wasn't really helping so you could do what most people do, put ice in a plastic bag, stocking, net breeder or breeder trap and just float it in the tank and that should do something.

Hi Saraya,

You could always fill a couple of 2 litre pop bottles with water then freeze them and float them in the tanks, just make sure to clean them thoroughly and remove the label. (it's best to have a couple per tank then while on is being used the other is frezing).

Hope this helps

Emma

Many thanks. I wasn't sure about ice at first. I knew i'd have to use de-chlorinator, and didn't know if freezing it would change it's properties.
Why it didn't occur to me to use the frozen bottle idea, I don't know.
Maybe the heat has fried my brain!
Thank you. x

Most reactions

Back