Keeping Blue Lobster Together

Phiish

Reaction score
Ive got a blue lobster and im going on a little world trip for a couple of months at the end of this month and my friend has agreed to look after my lobster for me because he already has a blue lobster, he doesnt have a huge amount of money so i feel pretty bad for hiking up his electricity costs, so i was wondering if he could put his lobster in my tank with mine because my tank is a lot bigger than his and would be more cost effective that having two tanks running at the same time, is this possible or would they end up killing each other in the process? Our lobsters are slightly different his has bright red bits under its claws where mine doesnt so im thinking maybe one is male and the other is female, my lobster is a lot bigger than his too, mine is about 4-5 inches where his is more like 3-4 inches, any help welcomed :good:

well traditional wisdome says, its better to put a large male and smaller female together. you will not really know till you introudce them. given plenty of space, 50ukg plus, and lots of hiding places things may work. you do indeed have one male and one female, male having the red patches. lowering the temp you keep both Cray will help avoid, unwanted tiny claws. if that happens you will need more than one tank lol.

Most reactions

Back