Juwel

Konami

Reaction score
this is just to see what you guys think about Juwel tanks. I had one for 9 day and then the seal broke and it leaked so i had to take it back. I am wondering if you guys have had any problems with them.

I had heard so many good things about them and the guy a the lfs that i trust and knows alot about fish said to get one of them instead of the other cheaper brands. I got the Rio 180 and was in the middle of cycling it when at 3am in the morning i woke to a fast dripping. I had to catch the danios i had in and empty the water and gravel out. I was gutted luckly i had another tank to put the danios in.

After speaking to juwel they said that there tanks are not faulty. I later took the tank back to get a refund on the tank, stand and all my gravel.

Now i have the refund but dont know weather to get the same tank again as i really liked it and went well in my room or to get another brand and if so which?.

So i would be intrested in what you think about Juwel good or bad and if you think i should get another Juwel or another tank you suggest.

Thanks

John

Got two juwel tanks don't like the filters and heaters much, so replaced some of it, apart from that the tank themselves are good, sorry for your problems.

I had a few problems with a Rio 300, first the heater failed within a couple of months, it was replaced under guarentee, then the lights failed and again were replaced under guarentee. Then the heater failed again after another few months and this time they said the guarentee was invalid as it had already been replaced once, so i replaced it with another brand. I have also had the powerhead fail which killed a lot of fish (happened on a very hot day while i was away on holiday and the fish died from oxygen starvation) and the central bracing bar snap after about 2 years.

Personally i would never buy another Juwel tank again, having learnt my lesson with them i now know to spend the extra cash making up my own systems from seperate componants rather than buying cheap package deals.

Mmm - well I've had two Juwel tanks. Currently only one though. The other I gave to a friend years ago as I upgraded.
Anyway, (touch wood) I've never had any problems with anything about them at all and really can find no fault whatsoever. I love my current one ! and I've had it for almost 3 years now.

I have a Juwel Reckord 96. As it's the first Tank I've had I have nothing to compare it to. But in the future would choose to 'built my own' so to speak.

The powerhead failed, luckily nothing died and was replaced by the place I bought it from, I find the heater is temperamental and and awkward to get just right.

I've got 4 Juwel tanks at the moment, 2 from new, a rio 180 and a Rio 125, and 2 second hand, a Rekord 120 and a Rekord 60. The heaters aren't brilliant so I've replaced them, and as I'm fully stocked I've added another filter to the 2 bigger ones. Also if you're a serious plant-head the lights are going to drive you mad (or make you add additional ones), but on the whole I like Juwel tanks for the money. Never had any problems with leaks.

My Rekord 70 hasn't given me any major problems so far.

The heater makes a noise sometimes when approaching the thermostat setting, so I got it replaced and the new one does the same.

The lighting is not enough if you intend to grow anything other than extremely low light plants. The hoods are too small to do a decent upgrade job too. The access hatch on the Rekord 70 is too small to do much through, other than feed. But they are nice slim hoods, so if it suits you then all is good.

Everything else has been okay. If I was to start again then I would probably use seperates, but as a first buy it is ideal to get everything in one.

Konami said:
I got the Rio 180 and was in the middle of cycling it when at 3am in the morning i woke to a fast dripping. I had to catch the danios i had in and empty the water and gravel out.
Probably just God's way of getting you back for cycling with fish!!! :p :D

steve

thanks for your views on juwel. I think i will get another RIO 180 as i love the look of them.

Thanks alot

I have a Juwel Rekord96. I find it very good, no leaks. I am going to get another tank in the next few months and I will buy Juwel again. The set-up suits me as I am not interested in modifying or assembling one myself. :)

I have had a Vision 180 now for about a year. Didn't use the supplied filter as i already had a mature external canister. Had a nightmare removing the filter box from the tank! Heater failed (stuck on!) after about 6 months replaced with a different brand, but all fine now. Great tank.

Juwel tanks them selves are very good, it's just the equipment really that's not up to much.

Most reactions

Back