Juwel

spilz

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
anybody on here rate juwel set-ups, ive seen a fairly sized one with juwel equipment for £90, was wondering if their filters etc are good quality, its one of the big internal filters.

I've got three of their tanks- the 60, the 70 and the 240. They work very well for a moderately stocked tank, particularly with plants; if you are planning to stock heavily or add heavy crappers, you may want to add an external filter.

i was thinking of a breeding pair of fish, and about 5-8 basic plants, vallis, and another one

I like the filter in my juwel rekord 70 but i dont think the rekord 60 ones are that good( i think the powerhead needs to be more powerful. Not sure if a rekord 70 one could fit into a 60). I should be buying a external filter for my Juwel Rio 125 to help the filter out as im always having dibree stuck on my plants :/ .

I like the filter in my juwel rekord 70 but i dont think the rekord 60 ones are that good( i think the powerhead needs to be more powerful. Not sure if a rekord 70 one could fit into a 60). I should be buying a external filter for my Juwel Rio 125 to help the filter out as im always having dibree stuck on my plants :/ .

According to the info the Rekord 60 pump (Juwel Complete Filter Compact super) is a 280 ltr/hr pump and only fitted in the Rekord 60. The Rekord 70 (Juwel Complete Filter Compact) has a 400 ltr/hr pump which is a totally different style & won't fit the Juwel Complete Filter Compact super.

Juwel also have a 600 ltr/hr, a 1000 ltr/hr & a 1500 ltr/hr powerhead and will fit all filter units other than the Juwel Complete Filter Compact super so it is posible to up the flow rate if required.

See here.

http://www.fishandfins.co.uk/aquarium-spares-juwel.htm#power

ive got a 96 and i love it no noise great filter and water is realli clean mine is heavily planted and the plants are thriving as well i would defo recomend

yer thats what i bought in the end mate, hopefully settin it up today with plants rocks and slate, ready for some sort of dwarf plecostumus, in about 6 weeks, great size tank, and the compact filter looks good too

Most reactions

Back