Juwel Vision 450 Ltr Setup (inc Photos)

Hi Kamber, i know what you mean about the weight i had a nightmare getting mine set up. i dont know if you venture into the planted section at all but if you haven't seen my vision 450 journal you may want to take a look (link in my sig). if not only to use my water changing idea. i am using EI ferts in mine and have to change 50G of water every week and i dont have an outside tap with a hosepipe or a tap indoors you could connect one to. great fun lol.

love the fish, i am going to turn mine into a Malawi tank once i've got the plant thing out of my system then a marine one day. thats the thing with a 450 you can do anything you like in it. the skys the limit. good choice and have fun with it.

i rescued him<so dont know its history> from some one on here who rescued it from someone with a 2.5ft tank,she put it in her 3ft and a ive got it in my 5ft<upgrading next year>here he is
neilll017.jpg

neilll004.jpg

Hi Kamber, i know what you mean about the weight i had a nightmare getting mine set up. i dont know if you venture into the planted section at all but if you haven't seen my vision 450 journal you may want to take a look (link in my sig). if not only to use my water changing idea. i am using EI ferts in mine and have to change 50G of water every week and i dont have an outside tap with a hosepipe or a tap indoors you could connect one to. great fun lol.

love the fish, i am going to turn mine into a Malawi tank once i've got the plant thing out of my system then a marine one day. thats the thing with a 450 you can do anything you like in it. the skys the limit. good choice and have fun with it.

Thanks jim, i'll check your tank out now sounds great! wow 50g a week! I'm currently doing 5 buckets a week change which is about 10% (45 litres) keeping the nitrates down below 20ppm i do probably overfeed them a little :hyper:, prawns, bloodworm, algae flake, liver bearer flake, sinking pellets, pleco wafers, cucumber, sweet potato. I do try to give them a good variety.

I'm going to turn my 165litre into a malawi eventually i think, some great colourful fish :)

i rescued him<so dont know its history> from some one on here who rescued it from someone with a 2.5ft tank,she put it in her 3ft and a ive got it in my 5ft<upgrading next year>here he is

Looks nice. 2.5ft tank! omg, i know they arnt' the most energetic of fish usually but was a bit small for it eh. 5ft seems ok for them especially when its nice and wide (u often see 20+ inch ones in fish shops stuffed into a 3ftx1ft tank) :angry: . I am planning to get one of those 8-9ft custom ones built eventually though :hyper: gonna be a while yet tho need to start saving.

That's a pretty nice looking tank, I enjoyed watching it all come together with your pictures too :).

God Bless,
Joshua

That's a pretty nice looking tank, I enjoyed watching it all come together with your pictures too :).

God Bless,
Joshua

Thanks. I'll do some more pics soon, i've changed the background to black and moved some bigger rocks in. i've re-done my other tank as well now.

Happy Christmas everyone.

We have some eggs laid now from the Honduran red points! (these are the pair that is in the other tank, there is a pair in the 450 but no eggs from them yet!)

Another of the shark cat fish

Tank now has a black background, i moved the bigger bits of rock from another tank into this one so there is another huge cave under the ocean rock and various smaller caves in between, i also sunk the red colored slate into the substrate to create some smooth surface areas on the bottom. The air line is now moved out of the filter box and behind the tree stump to provide even more areation.

tankblackbgairvq3.jpg

tankblackbg1jf8.jpg

I'm quite happy with this tank now, the fish seem very happy too :)

Tank in "night mode". Hydor led lights x3.

tankblackbgnightmb5.jpg

p.s i've added some live plants under the middle led as u can see.

Very impressive tank mate...

The vision 450 is my dream tank. I don't have room at the moment but hopefully in the future I will. You have made a really good job of yours.

The bala sharks take me back...I had 2 in my 100 ltr tank but had to take them back becuase in time they outgrew the tank. They really are beautiful fish.

love the LEDs!

They are great, looks mint at night and you can put whatever colours u want in, a lot of people go with red because it doesn't give of harsh light, i like the greens they arn't as in your face as the blue (i have a blue on the hydor air unit). They stick perfectly on the underside of the lighting units on our tanks and u can position them to point just about anywhere.

Very impressive tank mate...

The vision 450 is my dream tank. I don't have room at the moment but hopefully in the future I will. You have made a really good job of yours.

The bala sharks take me back...I had 2 in my 100 ltr tank but had to take them back becuase in time they outgrew the tank. They really are beautiful fish.

Thanks :) Yeah lovely tanks i looked at a lot before i bought it, the other option was the osaka 360 but it was less volume of water and open top, they now have one in my lfs setup and i'm glad i went with the vision 450. Next one is gonna be a custom 8ft x3ft x3ft methinks, either that or a 9ft x 3ft x 2.5ft.

Love bala sharks, actually i just went into pets at home before and they have about 12 of them in a 140 litre setup along with a load of other fish (they were extremely skinny), in contrast the wyvale garden centre down the road which has a small fish section in it which is run by a nice lady and her family it seems, has 6 in a 240 litre setup and it is clearly written on the side of the tank "These fish will grow to over 12 inches".

Most reactions

Back