Juwel Vision 260

skippyroo

Reaction score
Does anyone have any comments on this tank?

I want to get a new tank and like the idea of having all the essentials in one unit. I like the look of these Juwel visions but are they any good!?

Skips

I've run many different types of juwel tank and have never had any problems with them personally and would recommend them to anybody.. although I have heard accounts of people having difficulties with the filter/powerhead and having to replace/substitute or complement it with an external... never had to do it myself though.

In general though the tanks are very nice looking and well put together although they can be a little on the expensive side for their size. I would recommend a well kept second hand juwel over paying the full price for a new one and have done this several times in the past with great saving made... for example I saved over £300 on one model just for buying second hand and for the sake of 1hrs clean up I'll go for that option everytime :D

I have never had trouble with the Juwel tank/filter/powerhead that I have although, that said, I've only had it for 5 months!! :D

The one thing I will say about them is shop around - we got a considerable saving when buying ours by searching the internet for 'local' suppliers. We made a day trip out of fetching out tank from the store as the cost saving was well worth it! :)

As we knew nothing about the hobby when we got the tank we decided to go the extra mile on the expense and buy a new one rather than risk the fishes in a dodgy old one. That would have killed off the hobby for us. :/

The cabinets that come for them are really sturdy and well made - the German quality shows ;)

Cavafish:

Where abouts did you find your tank in the end and if you don't mind me asking how much did you get it for?

I have a Juwel rio 300 and i think it is very well made and looks great, i also found the lid design to be very very good as it allows great ease of access for maintanance, i think the vision range have the same. I have found the filter a little below par but i wouldn't call it a bad filter. Over all they make great tanks and shop around like the other guys said because i saved 300 euro by doing so.

Most reactions

Back