Juwel T5 Light Unit

jimmy_veal

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all. I went to turn on my light last night and nothing happened, just a little fizzle then nothing! I took the bulbs out and checked for any damages, one of the bulbs the end was broken, so i replaced both bulbs but still nothing! Can anyone help, as my fishies think its night time all the time? I have heard maybe the ballast could be changed - is that correct?

If you bought it new contact whereever you bought it from and see if it can be repaired through them, ideally under guarantee.

I bought the tank of Ebay so it will be out of warranty - going to take a dremmel to the back of the unit tonight and see if i can see whats going on in there. Is this a common problem does anyone know?

It's not unheard of, I'm crossing my fingers that if/when mine goes itll still be under warranty.

You can get replacement juwel light units though so even if you can't repair it, you can replace it easy enough.

Yeah i know you can get replacements but are around £75-£90 so was looking for a bit of a more cost-effective way of getting it working.
Thanks for your advice.

Thread about it here:

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/265546-fixing-juwel-light-bar/

Followed information from thread and also a bit of help from my brother, I used clear perspex to seal the hole, so i can see if any water gets in in the future. Set two bricks on top of the perspex and am now waiting for the mastic to set. Once it is set, one more coat on top just for my own peace of mind, can't hurt can it! Then its back on with the light - can't wait!

well done you! - I'll be attempting the same when my juwel lights go

Most reactions

Back