Juwel Rio 125 'v' Aqua One 620T?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Platy-puss

Reaction score
I'm new to forums and new to fish, so new in fact I don't yet have any fish.
I've just been spending the last few weeks doing a bit of reading about tropical freshwater fish and keeping them etc.
I've now reached the stage of buying my first tank and don't want to get things wrong. I've narrowed my choice of tank, because of space and cost ( max £250 on set up), to probably either the Juwel Rio 125 (125litres) or the Aqua One 620t (130litres).

The spec for each is as follows:
Juwel Rio 125
-high-lite Light Unit 2x28w
-Bioflow 600 pump
-heater 100watt

Aqua One 620t
-2xcompact T5 lighting
-Wet/ dry filter system in hood Powerhead 750l/hr
-heater 150watt

All opinions and advice gratefully recieved. Thanks.

Hi there, welcome to the forum. You have accidentally posted in the equipment for sale section. Maybe if you re-post in the 'tropical discussion' thread you will get more answers. Either that of a mod will move the thread for you.

As for your tank choices, it depends on what you want. The 125 has the added benefit of it being longer i believe. The 620t is a very tall tank, so would limit your choices imo but i guess it would be better if you had alot of different level swimming fish. The fish would have to be smallish though as it isn't very long.

I have a Fluval Roma 125 (guessing the jewel is a similar size? 32" long?) and the normal 620. The build quality of both is very good but i would go with the 125 (if it is the same dimensions as my roma) due to the added length. :good:

Thanks for your prompt relpy Minnnt. How do I go about moving my question into another section?

Unfortunately you can't, you will have to wait for a mod to move it, or re-post it in the tropical discussion section nearer the top and ask for this one to be closed. :)

Most reactions

Back