Juwel Light Won't Come On & Only Lights Up Both Ends

donbuzzin

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and I am hoping that someone will know how to deal with my problem. I have a Juwel tank 3ft in length and the light will only come on at both ends I thought the bulb had gone so went and bought another one today, this does exactly the same thing so now I am completely stuck. Does anyone know the possible reason for this if so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Try replacing the starter. It looks like this. It should be veiwable from the underside of the light. Usually you need to twist them to get them out. A specific replacement kit looks like this. Personally I would just take your starter to the nearest home improvements store that has a lighting section. They will probably have what you need.

Hi, the chances are that you will not have a starter as suggested by the previous poster. More likely, as you have already tried a new tube, your problem lays in the ballast.

You can go the easy but costly route of purchasing a new Juwel light bar or you can follow my pinned post at the head of this section and replace the ballast.

I would be happy to help you with any queries on this subject :good:

Thanks guys,

I am going to look for the starter and hope that would be the problem but if not, as suggested I will probably end up buying a new light bar as the thought of taking it apart isn't very appealing and no doubt I would end up causing more problems than I started with

My money is on a starter too... :good:

aquarium-lighting-arcadia-flourescent-starter-switches.jpg

Thanks for your suggestions the hood did have a starter and it has started working again.
I took the starter out gave it a wipe and put it back in and hey presto we had light.
I will go and get a replacement starter tomorrow as it is probably on its way out.
That has just saved me a packet Thank You :good:

Most reactions

Back