Juwel Filter

moggy

Reaction score
hi i have a juwel rio 125 going along fine water stats are fine are in the process of running a internal filter with the juwel filter hopefully taking out the internal filter just leaving the juwel filter the ? is are juwel correct about changing the sponges that frequent ?or are they just after your money ? the white poly pad definately needs changing weekly as it is filthy but what about the nitrate & carbon sponges and all the other sponges ? any help would be gratefully received

With the blue sponges....only change them if they are falling to pieces,and never both at once. The carbon filter should last for approx6-8 weeks,although its not essential to have this in there at all. The white pad should be changed when its become all gunked up. HTH.

Have a look at the thread below. It has some maintenance routines by one or two of the members on here that have Juwel Filters..

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showto...0&#entry1038261

The carbon filter only needs to be in if you're removing meds, or have a tanins problem and wish to reduce the colouring in the water. This one only lasts a few weeks anyway, as they have an active ingredient (wrong term i know), and so are not so useful after a while anyway. This is the same for the green nitrate remover one too.. The blue ones, it seems people change them when they are too old to clean ;)

Hope that helps
Cheers
Squid

Edit: for rubbish typing..

Have a look at the thread below. It has some maintenance routines by one or two of the members on here that have Juwel Filters..

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showto...0&#entry1038261

The carbon filter only needs to be in if you're removing meds, or have a tanins problem and wish to reduce the colouring in the water. This one only lasts a few weeks anyway, as they have an active ingredient (wrong term i know), and so are not so useful after a while anyway. This is the same for the green nitrate remover one too.. The blue ones, it seems people change them when they are too old to clean ;)

Hope that helps
Cheers
Squid

Edit: for rubbish typing..
thanks for the info guys the reason running 2 internal filters is thet i bought juwel tank secondhand with the juwel filter box in place but no powerhead also there was a pennplaxx internal filter as i bought with some fish had to keep pennplaxx running eventually bought a juwel powerhead and sponges so running the 2 together until enough bacteria on juwel sponges then will remove the pennplaxx filter

Most reactions

Back