Just Some Questions About Rio180

Wit

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ok this setup is nearly ready for a few fish but instructions on some bits not so clear.

Had/got a problem with front tube light, not flickering but rolling round bit like a lighthouse light (just the light not the tube) guy in shop will change bulb and if this doesn't work I will need new light/hood piece. (Should get replacement free).

1. When you do water change do you always have to pull pump out when you need to change/clean filters and does the seal ever go or need replacing ?

2. Diagram/instructions not very clear about the little 45 degree elbow piece you stick on water pump outlet, do you need to use it and which way should it be pointing ? on one pic its straight pointing towards front away from filter box and on another pic it looks like its pointing upwards. Just want to make sure all water flow is going in right direction.

Water was bit cloudy then seemed to clear and when I came down again this morning it was all cloudy again and seems to be making very slow progress in clearing.

Thanks for your time an info if you can help.

Update:

I have pointed the 45 degree elbow upwards like I was told to by someone but am now not sure if its to strong a current. Cloudy water is also starting to lift an clear since I done this.(bit noisy splashing water now though)

Please any more info you can offer or advice about this setup. Think I done everything I was told by shop and aquarium guy cant come out to check for me at the moment as he very busy.

Haven't got this tank but have the Juwel Record 70, which sounds similar.

[/quote]
1. When you do water change do you always have to pull pump out when you need to change/clean filters and does the seal ever go or need replacing ?
[/quote]

Yes you do. Seal hasn't gone yet in 8 mths anyway.

[/quote]
2. Diagram/instructions not very clear about the little 45 degree elbow piece you stick on water pump outlet, do you need to use it and which way should it be pointing ? on one pic its straight pointing towards front away from filter box and on another pic it looks like its pointing upwards. Just want to make sure all water flow is going in right direction.
[/quote]

Think you can point it either way depending on how you want the current. I'm finding the current a bit feeble on my Rekord 70, compared to the Rekord 60, not that it matters since I've got airstones in both.

This is what i thought but I'll put it as a question for you more experienced guys to answer.

It says direct it the pipe the way you want, but is it best to have it pointing slightly up so that it agitates the water, so more oxygen will exchange???

Hi Wit,
I have the same tank as you so here is my experience with your questions.

1. Yes i take the pump out and give it a quick clean in some water that i'm changing (then you don't lose any beneficial bacteria and also get rid of any gunk).

2. For the angle of the pipe thing on the water outlet, i angle mine towards the back wall of the tank but also up a bit towards the surface (enough upwards for it to break the surface) then you get the turbulence in your tank needed to get a bit of oxygen in but don't have lots of splashing noises.

Hope this helps.

Sloth.

TY for your info people and Thanks sloth... I might try the back wall direction. Water seems to be clear so should have a whale in tank in couple of days :fun: just joking.

Most reactions

Back