Just Saying Hi

Midnight Rose

Reaction score
Hi

I'm new to the forum and sort of new to fishkeeping! I used to have a large tropical community tank, the fish were nothing fancy but I loved them, especially the neon tetra. I don't have the tank anymore, it proved to be a lot more work than I could manage when I went to university so I rehomed the remaining fish to a friend of mine that was (and still is) very into fish and had (has) all the best equipment, so I know that they were loved.

So when I say I'm sort of new, I've read a lot of books, I own a lot of books, but Ii've only kept the 'easier' fish. Also, there is always more to learn no matter how experienced you are!

I love fish very much, I'm not looking to get another tank or a pond for a while, I want to wait until I've bought my first home. Which will hopefully be next year, but this forum was just recommended to me and I wanted to join, read posts, lurk a bit, post a bit and learn as much as I can.

My favourite fish would be cyprinids, especially koi, ghost koi (I know some koi purists will disagree with me there!) mirror carp, common carp and goldfish. I also love orfe, arowanas, pacu, gourami, discus, sterlets and sturgeon.

My nonrealistic dream would be to have one or more massive aquariums indoors, like in a public aquarium. One with carp and one with a few sterlets, with all the best equipment to keep them happy. I could keep my favourite large fish that way and keep them safe from predators and people. I'm going to start holding auditions for a rich husband soon :p

My nonrealistic dream would be to have one or more massive aquariums indoors, like in a public aquarium. One with carp and one with a few sterlets, with all the best equipment to keep them happy. I could keep my favourite large fish that way and keep them safe from predators and people. I'm going to start holding auditions for a rich husband soon :p

lol thats my dream too! a room where all the surrounding walls are an aquarium, then i would be able to use all my tanks now for reptiles and such.

and yes, same thing with the rich husband ahaha

Hello and
welcomeani.gif

:hi:

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll find lots of nice people and a ton of information. I sure have!

Cheers! :drinks:

Most reactions

Back