Just out of curiosity, is this a good price?

Fella

Research!
Reaction score
At my local petshop today I saw some Bumblebee gobies for sale, for £1.10

I was just wondering for curiosity sake if that is ultra cheap? They were tiny and in a freshwater tank (thats not so bad, because when they're young they tolerate freshwater don't they?) and looked amazing.

So yeah, is that a cheap price? I'd love to own one of these one day.

Seems a pretty good price. They do better in groups and in a species only tank, at an SG of around 1.005. Where did you see them? I'm after some more to add to my little colony, they seem difficult to get hold of!

SarahBravo said:
Seems a pretty good price. They do better in groups and in a species only tank, at an SG of around 1.005. Where did you see them? I'm after some more to add to my little colony, they seem difficult to get hold of!
[snapback]877635[/snapback]​

A little mum and dad store in nottingham! sadly they don't ship, if you want to give them a call they're called "kayes" and they're in the town center.

I'm really up for having a figure 8 puffer tank with bumblebee gobies one day, but I'll be the first to admit I haven't really researched it yet. Is it do-able? And if I wanted say 3 BBG's to 2 fig8's what size tank am I looking at minimum?

oops, this is a bit of a thread hijack.

Prices on small fish often vary enormously.
Our LFS has BumbleBee Gobies at £4 for six. *shrugs*

Small fish prices tend to be negotiable if bought in groups too. Offer the guy a fiver for 5 and chances are youll get your discount.

Also, this thread is probably of interest to you... Feeding Bumblebee Gobies... but I could be wrong ;)

PeterM said:
Small fish prices tend to be negotiable if bought in groups too. Offer the guy a fiver for 5 and chances are youll get your discount.

Also, this thread is probably of interest to you... Feeding Bumblebee Gobies... but I could be wrong ;)
[snapback]877850[/snapback]​

I've read every topic with the word bumblebee goby in it :D

yeah, they all make great reading, and I'm quite sure that one day I'll own one...

Most reactions

Back