just imagine what you could do with this....

Id make a salt water tank. With a salt water shark. :D And of course you have to have atleast 2 ocellarios clownfish.(NEMO)

I have a friend who bought an 8 foot tank, like this one, but a bit deeper.

He has in it

Huge driftwood logs
2 Turtles (about 6" diameter)
2 Bullrouts (freshwater stonefish, about 8")
Many Gudgeons, Hardyheads, and Rainbowfish

basically he recreated the local aquatic wildlife.

I asked him why he doesn't have ducks :p

It's an impressive tank!

big_tank.jpg

Oh my.... :thumbs:

Am I the only one who thinks that a grand for a second hand tank, even at eight feet is rather overpriced?

And that's the starting bid!

SirMinion said:
Am I the only one who thinks that a grand for a second hand tank, even at eight feet is rather overpriced?

And that's the starting bid!
I agree. 200g is a lot, but not worth 3000$ CDN. Not evem 2000$ CDN. If I were to pay that much, I would expect atleast 250-350g for used, I bought a 100g for 100$ CDN!

Greak tank, hopes it never cracks, nightmare.

My LFS has that beat. They have a 5 foot shark and a full grown Moray Eel! Gotta love Big Als on Centennial ave. Hamilton.
Ha, that's the same set up as my Big Al's in Kitchener (by Fairview)

yea, for used tanks, I only spend a dollar a gallon (usually has filter and hood with it)

Fish Buddy said:
yea, for used tanks, I only spend a dollar a gallon (usually has filter and hood with it)
Thats a pretty good rule.

I thought it was too much aswell but the guy obviously thinks his cabinet is worth alot.

Although to have a basic stand for that it would cost £100+ I paid £80 in materials to get my 5x3 stand built, but my dad constructed it.

Uhh, is it just me, or does it say the glass is insured for £2m?! that can't be right...can it?

I would probably do what I always do, and fill it with tiny fish and lots of plants. I love shoals of tiny fish.

that tank that dannyboy17 posted is incredible! *drools everywhere*

Edit: hmm...no one has bid...looks like £1000 was too much after all!

could be, you could house alot of expensive fish in a 8ft and think of all the damage the water could do. Maybe £2m is a bit excessive but there is alot of damgae to be done when a tank bursts.

A COELECANTH!

No, just kidding. I'd try an Amazon biotope...a few discus, loads of tetras (mostly neons, maybe cardinals), pleco(s), corys up the yin-yang, plants galore. Plus HUGE pieces of driftwood, like, 6 feet long.

Almost like DannyBoy17's picture there...absolutely beautiful. I don't even think that guy's got lighting, just a window with sunlight. Doesn't even look like there's filtration. It would be awesome to set up a balanced aquarium, and it would be (relatively) easy at that size.

clutterydrawer said:
Uhh, is it just me, or does it say the glass is insured for £2m?! that can't be right...can it?
no it's just you :p
it is insured for 200K

check this guys tanks out.the most famous aquascaper in the world.basicaly creates underwater gardens.Takashi Amano.

Aqua Design Amano General Headquarters

preety amazing actualy. its the same guy who did the tank danny posted before

DD

Most reactions

Back