Just Had Babies Help

creamo098765

Reaction score
Hi there was a other post under is she preg,
well she was and has had about 16 fry now i have put her back into the large tank regardless of any more fry they have to defend them selfs i cant look after many more, any how i have moved fry in breeder into a empty 5 gal tank but i fear the filter may eat them, it is a tube that goes down to near the bottom of tank and has many slits in it
WHAT U THINK PEPS

Photo
filter6fy.th.jpg

i say let nature take its course. when i had my first fry i tried to save them all. then i realized, do i have enough room for 8 mollies?!!?! so make sure if u want to let them all live buy new tanks or sell them

We used an extra outer filter cover, (the white spongy bag thingy) to put over the tube to keep the fry from being sucked up into the filter.

I usually cover the filter head with a fine mesh or you could even by a fish safe sponge, cut a hole down the middle that is a little bit smaller than the filter head, and fit that over it. This ccan be helpful also because Ive found that the food gets stuck on the outside of the filter and my babies love to pick it off.

Or, to be extra safe, you could make a sponge filter.

Good Luck :)

I found sponges most useful. Anyways when posting a picture creamo, go up just to the .jpg that is all you need :D

like so, this is yours
filter6fy.th.jpg
That is kinda weird cause there is that thing next to the box with the red x in it yet you still have the pic :/

Most reactions

Back